Biography: M. A. LARIBI is an Associate Professor in the Fundamental and Applied Sciences Faculty of the University of Poitiers (UP), where he teaches robotics and mechanic. He has a Mechanical Engineer Degree (specialization on Mechanical Design) from École Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Monsatir (E.N.I.M.) in 2001. M.S. in Mechanical Design, 2002. He received his Ph.D. in Mechanics from University of Poitiers in 2005 and National Habilitation in Mechanics from University of Poitiers in 2018. His research interests, at the Department of G.M.S.C. of Pprime Institute, include robots design and mechanism synthesis. His main research area in mechanism theory focuses on Forward and Inverse Kinematics, Singular configurations, Workspace determination and Optimal design.
- National Habilitation, University of Poitiers, France (2018)
- Ph.D. in Mechanics, University of Poitiers, France (2005)
- Engineer in Mechanical Design, École Nationale d’Ingénieurs de Monsatir, Tunisia (2001)
- Design of Mechanical Systems, Robotics, Kinematics, Parallel robots, Mechanisms Teaching activities, Mechanics and Robotics, mechatronics, synthesis of mechanism
- Associate professor at the Fundamental and Applied Sciences, University of Poitiers (2010-present)
- Associate professor in Mechanical Engineering at ENISo, Tunisia (2005-2010)
- AFM (Association Française de Mécanique)
- IFToMM (International Federation for the Promotion of Mechanism and Machine Science)
- IEEE-IES (Industrial Electronics Society) and RAS (Robotics and Automation Society)
Analysis and dimensional synthesis of the DELTA robot for a prescribed workspace.
Optimal torque distribution for a redundant 3-RRR spherical parallel manipulator used as haptic medical device
Cobot with Prismatic Compliant Joint Intended for Doppler Sonography
Member of international scientific committee (ISC)
- MESROB: International Workshop on Medical and Service Robots
- RAAD: International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region
Co-chair and Organizing committee
- RAAD2020, The 29th International Conference on Robotics in Alpe-Adria-Danube Region, RAAD 2020, from June 17 to June 19, 2020, France.
- CK2017, The 7th International Workshop on Computational Kinematics that was held at Futuroscope-Poitiers, May 22-24, 2017, France.
- IEEE-INDIN 2016, International Conference on Industrial Informatics 18-21 July 2016, Futuroscope-Poitiers, France.
- ISRM2015, The 4th IFToMM International Symposium on Robotics and Mechatronics, June 23-25, 2015 Poitiers, France.
- Robotics Workshop: trend and challenges, June 14, 2014 Marrakech, Morocco.
- Robotics Pprime forum.
- Essomba, T., Hsu, Y., Sandoval Arevalo, J. S., Laribi, M. A., and Zeghloul, S. (September 11, 2019). «KinematicOptimization of a Reconfigurable Spherical Parallel Mechanism for Robotic-Assisted Craniotomy» ASME. J. Mechanisms Robotics. December 2019; 11(6): 060905.
- M. A. Laribi, G. Carbone, S. Zeghloul, « On the Optimal Design of Cable Driven Parallel Robot with a Prescribed Workspace for Upper Limb Rehabilitation Tasks » Journal of Bionic Engineering, 2019, 16: 503. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42235-019-0041-4.
- F. Courreges, M. A. Laribi, M. Arsicault, J. Absi, and S. Zeghloul. «In Vivo and in Vitro Comparative Assessment of the Log-Linearized Hunt–Crossley Model for Impact-Contact Modeling in Physical Human–Robot Interactions», Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part I: Journal of Systems and Control Engineering, (March 2019). doi:10.1177/0959651819834750.
- J. S. Sandoval Arevalo, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul, M. Arsicault, «On the Design of a Safe Human-Friendly Teleoperated System for Doppler Sonography». Robotics 2019, 8, 29.
- Y. Ayoubi, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul, M. Arsicault, M. «V2SOM: A Novel Safety Mechanism Dedicated to a Cobot’s Rotary Joints». Robotics 2019, 8, 18.
- C. A. Nelson, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul, « Multi-robot system optimization based on redundant serial spherical mechanism for robotic minimally invasive surgery » Robotica, Published online: 01 August 2018, pp. 1-12, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0263574718000681
- C. Préault, H. Saafi, M.A. Laribi and S. Zeghloul, « Optimal design and evaluation of a dexterous 4 DoFs haptic device based on delta architecture » Robotica, Published online: 07 September 2018, pp. 1-22, https://doi.org/10.1017/S0263574718000929
- H. Saafi, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul and M. Arsicault « On the development of a new master device used for medical tasks » Journal of Mechanisms and Robotics, ASME. J. Mechanisms Robotics. 2018;10(4):044501-044501-6. doi:10.1115/1.4039590.
- Y. Ayoubi, M. A. Laribi, F. Courrèges, S. Zeghloul, M. Arsicault «Complete design methodology of biomimetic safety device for cobots’ prismatic joints» Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Volume 102, April 2018, pp. 44–53, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2018.01.008.
- L. Nouaille, M.A. Laribi, C.A. Nelson, S. Zeghloul, G. Poisson « Review of kinematics for minimally invasive
surgery and tele-echography robots » Journal of medical devices ASME, 2017, 11(4):040802-040802-14, doi:10.1115/1.4037053.
- H. Saafi, M. A. Laribi and S. Zeghloul, « Optimal torque distribution for a redundant 3-RRR spherical parallel manipulator used as a haptic medical device » Robotics and Autonomous Systems, Volume 89, 2017, pp 40-50, doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.robot.2016.12.005
- H. Lamine, M. A. Laribi, S. Bennour, L. Romdhane, S. Zeghloul, « Design study of a Cable-Based Gait Training Machine » Journal of Bionic Engineering, Volume 14, Issue 2, 2017, pp. 232-244, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1672-6529(16)60394-3.
- H. Saafi, M. Vulliez, S. Zeghloul, M. A. Laribi « A new serial approach of the Forward Kinematic Model of Spherical Parallel Manipulators for real-time applications » Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, First Published January 10, 2017, doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406216688027.
- T. Essomba, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul and G. Poisson, « Optimal synthesis of a spherical parallel mechanism for medical application » Robotica, Volume 34, Issue 03, 2016, pp. 671-686, doi: 10.1017/S0263574714001805.
- L. Nouaille, M. A. Laribi, C. A. Nelson, T. Essomba, G. Poisson and S. Zeghloul, « Design process for robotic
medical tool guidance manipulators » Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 2016, Volume . 230, no. 2, pp. 259-275, doi: https://doi.org/10.1177/0954406215590639.
- H. Saafi, M.A. Laribi and S. Zeghloul, « Forward kinematic model improvement of a spherical parallel manipulator using extra sensor » Mechanism and Machine Theory, Volume 91, 2015, pp 102-119, doi: 10.1016/j.mechmachtheory.2015.04.006.
- H. Saafi, M.A. Laribi and S. Zeghloul, « Redundantly actuated 3-RRR spherical parallel manipulator used as a haptic device: improving dexterity and eliminating singularity » Robotica, Volume 33, 2015, pp. 1113-1130, doi:10.1017/S0263574714001751
- A. Chaker, A. Mlika, M.A. Laribi, L. Romdhane and S. Zeghloul, « Accuracy analysis of non-overconstrained spherical parallel manipulators » European Journal of Mechanics – A/Solids, Volume 47, 2014, pp. 362-372, doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2014.06.005.
- T. Li, M. Ceccarelli, M. Luo, M. A. Laribi, S. Zeghloul, « An Experimental Analysis of Overcoming Obstacle
in Human Walking », Journal of Bionic Engineering, Volume 11, Issue 4, 2014, pp. 497-505, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1672-6529(14)60062-7.
- T. Essomba, L. Nouaille, M. A. Laribi, C.A. Nelson, S. Zeghloul and G. Poisson, « Spherical wrist dimensional synthesis adapted for tool-guidance medical robots » Mechanics & Industry, Volume 15, Issue 03, 2014, pp. 217-223, doi: http ://dx.doi.org/10.1051/meca/2014022.
- T. Essomba, M.A. Laribi, L. Nouaille, S. Zeghloul, G. Poisson and P. Vieyers « A specific performances comparative study of two spherical robots for tele-echography application » Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C : Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 2014, Volume. 228 no. 18, pp. 3419-3429, doi: 10.1177/0954406214530598.
- A. Chaker, A. Mlika, M.A. Laribi, L. Romdhane and S. Zeghloul, « Clearance and manufacturing errors’ effects on the accuracy of the 3-RCC Spherical Parallel Manipulator » European Journal of Mechanics- A/Solids, Volume 37, 2013, pp. 86-95, doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2012.05.009.